According to the Raider Food Pantry, 48% of the students at Wright State University experience food scarcity. We can help our students by participating in their March Madness competitive food drive, which runs from March 1st – 31st.
Teams composed of WSU organizations and departments will compete each week to bring in the most donated food items. The University Libraries is one of those teams!
We are offering incentives to all who bring in donated items during the competition. Bring in food items for a chance to play Dunbar Plinko. The more food you bring, the more chances you have to play! Prizes include candy, fine reductions, and raffle entries to win an 8-hour reservation in 328A, our most popular quiet study room!
Bring in non-perishable food items and drop them in the collection box in the lobby of the Dunbar Library during the March Madness event. If you’d like to play Dunbar Plinko, stop by the circulation desk first and show our staff your donations.
Each week, the focus will be on a different food item:
- Week #1 March 1-4: Breakfast foods (ex: cereal, oatmeal, breakfast bars, etc.)
- Week #2 March 7-11: Microwavable/Dorm ready meals (ex: Cup of Noodles, mac n’ cheese cups)
- Week #3 March 14-18: Pantry Essentials (cooking oil, condiments, seasonings, NO COOKWEAR)
- Week #4 March 21-25: Pasta & Rice (plain pastas, white rice, brown rice, etc.)
- Week #5 March 28-31: Peanut Butter, Jelly & Nutella
Please remember, expiration dates are important – the Raider Food Pantry is unable to accept food past its expiration date.