This post is updated with new content periodically.
Below is a list of online library resources and services available to support remote instruction. If you need assistance accessing these resources or creating a proxied link to them for access in Pilot, please reach out to your subject librarian. Many of the resources below are temporarily opened from publishers; some require a user account be established.
Ask a Librarian/Ask an Archivist
Online assistance from WSU professional librarians and archivists through the Ask a Librarian and Ask an Archivist services. Hours may vary however both services will be available as long as Wright State University classes remain in session.
Return, Request, No-Contact Pick-Up of Library Materials
The University Libraries have made arrangements for item requesting in our local online catalog and no-contact pick-up. More information can be found in a separate news post.
Sources to help students do effective scholarly research
Research Toolkit Workshops: Our online workshops explain some of the foundational concepts of information literacy that help students in their library research and are available as Pilot modules with quizzes. There are also a variety of videos that explain different library processes and procedures available.
Research Guides: Our custom research guides curate recommended databases, website, books, and other sources to start students on their way to successful scholarly research. Guides are available for all disciplines and some specific courses. If you would like our librarians to create a customized class guide for research projects your students will be working on these new few weeks, or if you have any questions about how the library can work with you and your students, please contact your subject librarian.
- Chronicle of Higher Education – login using your campus w account
- Euclid Prime Collection
- MSP on Euclid
- JSTOR has opened access to A&S and Primary Source Collections not already licensed by WSU. Also opened access to selected e-books. Open until June 30, 2021.
- Mary Ann Liebert: Health Security – no end date provided. This is a single title
- Rockefeller University Press
Electronic Book Collections
- Wright State University collections: Many ebook collections are available through the WSU libraries. A list of those ebook collections is available and all ebook titles are in the libraries online catalog.
- Cambridge Elements
- InTech Open Access ebook collection – Read, share and download more than 4,600 peer-reviewed Open Access books
- Internet Archive
- JSTOR: selected e-books
- NCBI’s Open ebook collection provides free online access to books and documents in life science and healthcare.
- OSU University Press
- Sage Knowledge
- University of Michigan Press e-books – Freely available March 20 through June 30, 2020
- Kanopy Streaming Videos – Kanopy is a large library of streaming videos covering a broad range of subjects in the arts and humanities, social sciences, sciences, education, business, film, and theatre. It includes documentaries, classic and independent films from major distributors such as PBS, BBC, Criterion, and the Media Education Foundation. Videos that are already licensed for classroom use at WSU may be embedded in pilot courses. A list of those licensed videos is available on our Kanopy Research Guide.
A not-so-secret society of copyright librarians is offering assistance for faculty/instructors and folks helping faculty/instructors transition their courses online. We are offering virtual copyright booth hours to help address questions people might have. Please consider sharing with your colleagues at other institutions, if it will be helpful, to anyone working with course materials and supporting a move to virtual instruction.