Search this Blog
ASK A QUESTION
For all inquiries, please use our Research Request Form, and an archivist will respond to you soon. Thanks!
For more information about our collections and services, please visit our main web site at:
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
- Great-Grandson of Mahatma Gandhi Visits the Archives
- Newly Donated Publication Available: Letters to My Grandchildren by William J. Lammers
- Archives Closed Dec. 22, 2023 – Jan. 9, 2024
- New Collections Available for Research, December 2023
- Winter Break Closures
- Completed Digitization Project: Katharine Wright Haskell Letters
- November/December Holiday Closures
- SCA Featured in Society of Ohio Archivists’ Archives Month Spotlight
- Archives Featured in Oakwood Register
- Grant Conserves Rare Books by Paul Laurence Dunbar
Daily Archives: August 26, 2011
Summer is the time for outdoor activities. Dayton and its metropolitan area boast an impressive array of parks, gardens and reserves for public enjoyment in warm weather. Dayton’s parks have provided much-appreciated sites for recreation and relaxation for over a … Continue reading
On August 26, 1861, 2nd Lieutenant Robert Patterson was mustered out of Company G, 11th Ohio Volunteer Infantry at Camp Jackson, near Columbus, Ohio. The 11th OVI never left camp during their three-month enlistment.