Search this Blog
ASK A QUESTION
For all inquiries, please use our Research Request Form, and an archivist will respond to you soon. Thanks!
For more information about our collections and services, please visit our main web site at:
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
- Winter Break Closures
- Completed Digitization Project: Katharine Wright Haskell Letters
- November/December Holiday Closures
- SCA Featured in Society of Ohio Archivists’ Archives Month Spotlight
- Join us at Wright Brothers Day on October 5!
- Support Special Collections & Archives on Wright Day to Give (Oct 3)
- New Collections Available for Research, July 2023
- New Digital Collection: Katharine Wright Haskell Letters
- New Exhibit: Spies & Superheroes
- Archives Featured in Oakwood Register
Monthly Archives: October 2011
On October 31, 1861, the 1st OVI moved from Camp Corwin, near Dayton, Ohio to Cincinnati. On November 4, arms and equipment were issued. Albert Kern, in his 1918 history of the 1st OVI, writes that the men were given … Continue reading
The best in this kind are but Shadows…. ~ William Shakespeare Directions: Sign your name along the fold of the paper with a full pen of ink, and then double the page over without using blotting paper. So opens the … Continue reading
Halloween is a holiday known for its celebration and superstition on the night of October 31st. Traditional activities include trick-or-treating, costume parties, haunted houses, watching horror films, and carving jack-o-lanterns. Halloween has become a tradition for people of all ages … Continue reading