Search this Blog
ASK A QUESTION
For all inquiries, please use our Research Request Form, and an archivist will respond to you soon. Thanks!
For more information about our collections and services, please visit our main web site at:
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
- Completed Digitization Project: Katharine Wright Haskell Letters
- November/December Holiday Closures
- SCA Featured in Society of Ohio Archivists’ Archives Month Spotlight
- Join us at Wright Brothers Day on October 5!
- Support Special Collections & Archives on Wright Day to Give (Oct 3)
- New Collections Available for Research, July 2023
- New Digital Collection: Katharine Wright Haskell Letters
- New Exhibit: Spies & Superheroes
- Archives Featured in Oakwood Register
- Grant Conserves Rare Books by Paul Laurence Dunbar
Monthly Archives: December 2011
On December 24, 1861, Jefferson Patterson wrote his son Robert a letter in response to the December 15 letter he received from Robert. In the letter he comments on some of the news of the day and provides advice on how … Continue reading
Dayton’s most famous sons are undoubtedly the Wright Brothers; Orville and Wilbur. The two brothers are credited with inventing and building the world’s first successful airplane and making the first controlled, powered and sustained heavier-than-air human flight. This December marks … Continue reading
On December 21, 1861, Robert sent a letter to his father from Rolla, Missouri. In the letter he reported another bout of sickness, promotion to 2nd Lieutenant, and personnel changes in his regiment. (Transcript of Robert’s letter to his father, December 21, … Continue reading