Search this Blog
ASK A QUESTION
For all inquiries, please use our Research Request Form, and an archivist will respond to you soon. Thanks!
For more information about our collections and services, please visit our main web site at:
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Welcome, Alexis!
- New Collections Available for Research, October 2022
- CLOSED NOV 11 for Veterans’ Day
- 100 Years Ago in Aviation: Harold Harris Parachute Jump
- New Collection: Louis Lott Architecture Negatives
- New Collections Available for Research, September 2022
- New Special Collections & Archives Web Site
- New Exhibit Honors #Dunbar150
- Grant received to Digitize Local Civil Rights Interview Program Videos
- Juneteenth and Independence Day
Monthly Archives: February 2012
Central State University’s history began when Wilberforce College was established in 1856. This was founded as a partnership between the Cincinnati Conference of the Methodist Episcopal Church and the African Methodist Episcopal Church. In 1887, the Ohio General Assembly enacted … Continue reading
One of the most iconic photographs in American history was taken by photographer Joe Rosenthal 67 years ago today. The flag raising at Iwo Jima is a profound photograph, but did you know there is a connection to Dayton, Ohio? … Continue reading
Wilberforce University is a liberal arts African- American University located in southern Ohio. Affiliated with the African Methodist Episcopal Church, it was the first college to be owned and operated by African- Americans. The college was founded in 1856 by … Continue reading