William Patterson wrote his mother again from Camp Wood, Kentucky on February 9, 1862. In this letter he reports that he has had Camp Fever again, this time for 15 days, but is doing better. He also reports that the 1st OVI is much reduced by sickness, a great many being sent to the hospital in Louisville or home on furlough for recuperation. (Transcript of William Letter, February 9, 1862)
Search this Blog
ASK A QUESTION
For all inquiries, please use our Research Request Form, and an archivist will respond to you soon. Thanks!
For more information about our collections and services, please visit our main web site at:
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- A Visitor from Le Mans, France
- New Collections Available for Research, January 2023
- Local Civil Rights Program “Like It Is” Now Available to Researchers, Thanks to Grant
- Welcome, Alexis!
- New Collections Available for Research, October 2022
- CLOSED NOV 11 for Veterans’ Day
- 100 Years Ago in Aviation: Harold Harris Parachute Jump
- New Collection: Louis Lott Architecture Negatives
- New Collections Available for Research, September 2022
- New Special Collections & Archives Web Site