William Patterson wrote his mother again from Camp Wood, Kentucky on February 9, 1862. In this letter he reports that he has had Camp Fever again, this time for 15 days, but is doing better. He also reports that the 1st OVI is much reduced by sickness, a great many being sent to the hospital in Louisville or home on furlough for recuperation. (Transcript of William Letter, February 9, 1862)
Search this Blog
ASK A QUESTION
For all inquiries, please use our Research Request Form, and an archivist will respond to you soon. Thanks!
For more information about our collections and services, please visit our main web site at:
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
- Join us at Wright Brothers Day on October 5!
- Support Special Collections & Archives on Wright Day to Give (Oct 3)
- New Collections Available for Research, July 2023
- New Digital Collection: Katharine Wright Haskell Letters
- New Exhibit: Spies & Superheroes
- Archives Featured in Oakwood Register
- Grant Conserves Rare Books by Paul Laurence Dunbar
- A Visit from the Base Commander, WPAFB
- Summer Hours 2023
- The 1903 Wright Flyer Replica Receives Cleaning!