Search this Blog
ASK A QUESTION
For all inquiries, please use our Research Request Form, and an archivist will respond to you soon. Thanks!
For more information about our collections and services, please visit our main web site at:
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Summer Hours 2023
- The 1903 Wright Flyer Replica Receives Cleaning!
- Grant Supports Conservation of First Edition Paul Laurence Dunbar Books
- New Collections Available for Research, March 2023
- A Visitor from Le Mans, France
- New Collections Available for Research, January 2023
- Local Civil Rights Program “Like It Is” Now Available to Researchers, Thanks to Grant
- Welcome, Alexis!
- New Collections Available for Research, October 2022
- CLOSED NOV 11 for Veterans’ Day
Daily Archives: February 16, 2012
Civil Rights Movement
The African-American Civil Rights Movement (1955-1968) refers to the movement aimed at outlawing racial discrimination and restoring voting rights to African-Americans. The movement was characterized by major campaigns of civil resistance. Between 1955 and 1968, acts of nonviolent protests produced … Continue reading
Posted in DDN and Dayton Tagged Black History Month, civil rights, CORE 9 Comments
Cold and Snow
On February 16, 1862, William wrote a short letter to his mother from Camp Wood, Kentucky. In the letter he reports that they only traveled 16 miles before they were ordered to return to camp. He also notes that the … Continue reading
Fort Henry Captured
On February 16, 1862, the Army of Ohio, while camped at Upton Station, Kentucky, received news that General Grant’s army had captured Fort Henry. No longer needed, the Army of Ohio returned to Camp Wood, Kentucky.
Posted in Civil War, Patterson Family, SC&A Tagged 1st Ohio Volunteer Infantry, 1st OVI, Civil War, family history, First Ohio Volunteer Infantry, history, MS-236, Ohio Volunteer Infantry, OVI, Patterson, Patterson brothers, Patterson family, William Patterson Comments Off on Fort Henry Captured