Julia Patterson received a letter, written March 1, 1862, from her friend L. K. Shaffner who lives in Peoria, Illinois. The letter talks about Union successes during the war and some of her travels along the Cumberland River. She also notes Robert Patterson’s return home and hopes that William “Willie” Patterson is getting over his illness. (Transcript of L. K. Shaffner Letter, March 1, 1862).
Search this Blog
ASK A QUESTION
For all inquiries, please use our Research Request Form, and an archivist will respond to you soon. Thanks!
For more information about our collections and services, please visit our main web site at:
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
- Completed Digitization Project: Katharine Wright Haskell Letters
- November/December Holiday Closures
- SCA Featured in Society of Ohio Archivists’ Archives Month Spotlight
- Join us at Wright Brothers Day on October 5!
- Support Special Collections & Archives on Wright Day to Give (Oct 3)
- New Collections Available for Research, July 2023
- New Digital Collection: Katharine Wright Haskell Letters
- New Exhibit: Spies & Superheroes
- Archives Featured in Oakwood Register
- Grant Conserves Rare Books by Paul Laurence Dunbar