Search this Blog
ASK A QUESTION
For all inquiries, please use our Research Request Form, and an archivist will respond to you soon. Thanks!
For more information about our collections and services, please visit our main web site at:
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- A Visit from the Base Commander, WPAFB
- Summer Hours 2023
- The 1903 Wright Flyer Replica Receives Cleaning!
- Grant Supports Conservation of First Edition Paul Laurence Dunbar Books
- New Collections Available for Research, March 2023
- A Visitor from Le Mans, France
- New Collections Available for Research, January 2023
- Local Civil Rights Program “Like It Is” Now Available to Researchers, Thanks to Grant
- Welcome, Alexis!
- New Collections Available for Research, October 2022
Daily Archives: December 17, 2012
Dayton’s American Indian History
Years ago, when I was 5, I remember going to the park in Newark Ohio. The park had a large embankment that my brother and I used to climb on, and after a few years as I became more observant … Continue reading
Posted in DDN and Dayton Tagged American Indians, Native American history, Native Americans 1 Comment
On Monday, December 14, 1903, Wilbur Wright made an unsuccessful attempt to fly the power-driven, heavier-than-air machine that he and his brother Orville had developed. After 3.5 seconds in the air, the engine stalled, but luckily Wilbur and the machine … Continue reading
Posted in Aviation, Collections, Wright Brothers Tagged aviation history, collections, first flight, MS-1, Wright Brothers, Wright Brothers Day Comments Off on “Success…”