Search this Blog
ASK A QUESTION
For all inquiries, please use our Research Request Form, and an archivist will respond to you soon. Thanks!
For more information about our collections and services, please visit our main web site at:
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
- Join us at Wright Brothers Day on October 5!
- Support Special Collections & Archives on Wright Day to Give (Oct 3)
- New Collections Available for Research, July 2023
- New Digital Collection: Katharine Wright Haskell Letters
- New Exhibit: Spies & Superheroes
- Archives Featured in Oakwood Register
- Grant Conserves Rare Books by Paul Laurence Dunbar
- A Visit from the Base Commander, WPAFB
- Summer Hours 2023
- The 1903 Wright Flyer Replica Receives Cleaning!
Monthly Archives: April 2013
It was four weeks ago that we first posted “1913 Flood Diaries & Letters: An Introduction,” the first in a series of several posts in which we’ve followed a handful of individual Daytonians through their 1913 flood ordeal, reading about their … Continue reading
The greatest legacy to come from the 1913 Flood was the funding and creation of a flood protection system that has, since 1922, protected the Miami Valley from suffering such a horrific disaster again: the Miami Conservancy District. Designed by a young engineer … Continue reading