Search this Blog
ASK A QUESTION
For all inquiries, please use our Research Request Form, and an archivist will respond to you soon. Thanks!
For more information about our collections and services, please visit our main web site at:
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Welcome, Alexis!
- New Collections Available for Research, October 2022
- CLOSED NOV 11 for Veterans’ Day
- 100 Years Ago in Aviation: Harold Harris Parachute Jump
- New Collection: Louis Lott Architecture Negatives
- New Collections Available for Research, September 2022
- New Special Collections & Archives Web Site
- New Exhibit Honors #Dunbar150
- Grant received to Digitize Local Civil Rights Interview Program Videos
- Juneteenth and Independence Day
Monthly Archives: June 2014
On June 28, 1864, John H. Patterson wrote a short note to his mother from Fort Marshall, Baltimore, MD. In the letter he briefly describes his duties as a clerk in the Quartermaster Department. He likes the work and believes … Continue reading
On June 28, 1864, William Patterson reports to his mother that he is now in a Field Hospital near Big Shanty, Georgia, with what he calls “lumbago.” During the Battle of Kennesaw Mountain, the IV Corps assaulted the center of … Continue reading