Search this Blog
ASK A QUESTION
For all inquiries, please use our Research Request Form, and an archivist will respond to you soon. Thanks!
For more information about our collections and services, please visit our main web site at:
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
- Completed Digitization Project: Katharine Wright Haskell Letters
- November/December Holiday Closures
- SCA Featured in Society of Ohio Archivists’ Archives Month Spotlight
- Join us at Wright Brothers Day on October 5!
- Support Special Collections & Archives on Wright Day to Give (Oct 3)
- New Collections Available for Research, July 2023
- New Digital Collection: Katharine Wright Haskell Letters
- New Exhibit: Spies & Superheroes
- Archives Featured in Oakwood Register
- Grant Conserves Rare Books by Paul Laurence Dunbar
Monthly Archives: June 2014
On June 28, 1864, John H. Patterson wrote a short note to his mother from Fort Marshall, Baltimore, MD. In the letter he briefly describes his duties as a clerk in the Quartermaster Department. He likes the work and believes … Continue reading
On June 28, 1864, William Patterson reports to his mother that he is now in a Field Hospital near Big Shanty, Georgia, with what he calls “lumbago.” During the Battle of Kennesaw Mountain, the IV Corps assaulted the center of … Continue reading