Search this Blog
ASK A QUESTION
For all inquiries, please use our Research Request Form, and an archivist will respond to you soon. Thanks!
For more information about our collections and services, please visit our main web site at:
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Summer Hours 2023
- The 1903 Wright Flyer Replica Receives Cleaning!
- Grant Supports Conservation of First Edition Paul Laurence Dunbar Books
- New Collections Available for Research, March 2023
- A Visitor from Le Mans, France
- New Collections Available for Research, January 2023
- Local Civil Rights Program “Like It Is” Now Available to Researchers, Thanks to Grant
- Welcome, Alexis!
- New Collections Available for Research, October 2022
- CLOSED NOV 11 for Veterans’ Day
Daily Archives: June 18, 2014
Amelia Earhart in the Archives
This week marks the anniversary of the flight of Amelia Earhart as the first woman to fly as a passenger on a trans-Atlantic flight. On June 17, 1928, Earhart departed Trepassey Harbor, Newfoundland, in a Fokker F7 named Friendship with … Continue reading
Posted in Aviation, Collections Tagged Amelia Earhart, aviation, aviation history, MS-1, MS-167, MS-210 Comments Off on Amelia Earhart in the Archives