Search this Blog
ASK A QUESTION
For all inquiries, please use our Research Request Form, and an archivist will respond to you soon. Thanks!
For more information about our collections and services, please visit our main web site at:
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- A Visit from the Base Commander, WPAFB
- Summer Hours 2023
- The 1903 Wright Flyer Replica Receives Cleaning!
- Grant Supports Conservation of First Edition Paul Laurence Dunbar Books
- New Collections Available for Research, March 2023
- A Visitor from Le Mans, France
- New Collections Available for Research, January 2023
- Local Civil Rights Program “Like It Is” Now Available to Researchers, Thanks to Grant
- Welcome, Alexis!
- New Collections Available for Research, October 2022
Daily Archives: July 20, 2014
The Battle of Peachtree Creek
On July 17, 1864, Confederate General John Bell Hood replaced General Joseph Johnston as commander of the Army of the Tennessee. This change in command signaled a new Confederate strategy to stop Sherman’s Atlanta campaign. Instead of using a series of … Continue reading
Posted in Civil War, Patterson Family, SC&A Tagged 61st Ohio Volunteer Infantry, 61st OVI, Civil War, MS-236, Patterson, Patterson brothers, Patterson family, Robert Patterson Comments Off on The Battle of Peachtree Creek