Search this Blog
ASK A QUESTION
For all inquiries, please use our Research Request Form, and an archivist will respond to you soon. Thanks!
For more information about our collections and services, please visit our main web site at:
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Summer Hours 2023
- The 1903 Wright Flyer Replica Receives Cleaning!
- Grant Supports Conservation of First Edition Paul Laurence Dunbar Books
- New Collections Available for Research, March 2023
- A Visitor from Le Mans, France
- New Collections Available for Research, January 2023
- Local Civil Rights Program “Like It Is” Now Available to Researchers, Thanks to Grant
- Welcome, Alexis!
- New Collections Available for Research, October 2022
- CLOSED NOV 11 for Veterans’ Day
Daily Archives: February 19, 2015
James H. McGee, Dayton’s First African-American Mayor
James H. McGee (1918-2006) was Dayton’s first African American mayor, serving in that capacity from 1970 to 1981. At the time he was appointed to the office in 1970, he was one of the first black major city mayors in … Continue reading
Posted in Collections, Local History Tagged African Americans, Black History Month, local history, MS-322, MS-458, politics Comments Off on James H. McGee, Dayton’s First African-American Mayor