Search this Blog
ASK A QUESTION
For all inquiries, please use our Research Request Form, and an archivist will respond to you soon. Thanks!
For more information about our collections and services, please visit our main web site at:
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- A Visit from the Base Commander, WPAFB
- Summer Hours 2023
- The 1903 Wright Flyer Replica Receives Cleaning!
- Grant Supports Conservation of First Edition Paul Laurence Dunbar Books
- New Collections Available for Research, March 2023
- A Visitor from Le Mans, France
- New Collections Available for Research, January 2023
- Local Civil Rights Program “Like It Is” Now Available to Researchers, Thanks to Grant
- Welcome, Alexis!
- New Collections Available for Research, October 2022
Monthly Archives: September 2015
Upcoming Talk will Highlight Lunken Airport
The next meeting of the Huffman Prairie Aviation History Society will take place this coming Monday, October 5, 2015, at 7:00 p.m. At this month’s meeting, Emil Dansker will present “Lunken Looking Up,” highlighting the Lunken Airport in Cincinnati (view PDF flyer). The … Continue reading
Selfridge Crash Described in New Acquisition
On this day — September 17 — in 1908, Lt. Thomas Selfridge became the first person to die in a powered airplane crash. He was the passenger in a plane piloted by Orville Wright, who was demonstrating the Wright Flyer … Continue reading
Posted in Collections, Wright Brothers Tagged aviation, aviation history, MS-1, Orville Wright, SC-301, Wright Brothers, Wright family Comments Off on Selfridge Crash Described in New Acquisition