Search this Blog
ASK A QUESTION
For all inquiries, please use our Research Request Form, and an archivist will respond to you soon. Thanks!
For more information about our collections and services, please visit our main web site at:
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- A Visit from the Base Commander, WPAFB
- Summer Hours 2023
- The 1903 Wright Flyer Replica Receives Cleaning!
- Grant Supports Conservation of First Edition Paul Laurence Dunbar Books
- New Collections Available for Research, March 2023
- A Visitor from Le Mans, France
- New Collections Available for Research, January 2023
- Local Civil Rights Program “Like It Is” Now Available to Researchers, Thanks to Grant
- Welcome, Alexis!
- New Collections Available for Research, October 2022
Monthly Archives: February 2016
George E. Obrist, Jr., Dayton Bank Robber
Recently, I read Pockets Full Awry: The Obrist Murder Case (2007) by Dick Burdette. The book describes the attempts of the authors and their associates to solve a more than 50-year-old cold case, one of the most notorious murders in … Continue reading
Posted in DDN and Dayton Tagged bank robberies, Dayton Ohio 3 Comments
The Story of Clair W. Welty: WWI Pilot Trainer
A couple of weeks ago, Special Collections & Archives hosted a special tour for which all members of the staff were asked to select some of their favorite materials from the collections to share with attendees. When choosing my “favorites” in … Continue reading
Posted in Aviation, Collections Tagged aviation, aviation history, MS-196, World War I, WWI 5 Comments
Archives Find: Civil War Bounty Request
By Andrew Clinard, archives student worker & Public History graduate student This document, issued through the Ohio Adjutant Generals Office in 1864, states that Sylvester Sroufe re-enlisted on January 1st, 1864, in Company D of the 12th Ohio Volunteer Infantry … Continue reading
Posted in Civil War, Collections, Local History, SC&A Tagged 12th Ohio Volunteer Infantry, 12th OVI, Andrew Clinard, Civil War, local history, manuscripts Comments Off on Archives Find: Civil War Bounty Request