Who has attended the Dayton Air Show? The air show, originally known as the Dayton Air Fair, started in July 1975. Highlights from the first Air Fair included the husband and wife stunt team of Bob and Pat Wagner and Harold Johnson, who would later serve as mayor of Moraine, Ohio. Today the Vectren Dayton Air Show attracts hundreds of thousands of visitors to the Dayton International Airport for the two day event in late June. The Dayton Daily News has documented each air show since its inception and the Dayton Daily News Archive (MS-458) includes images through the 1996 season. The photographs capture the planes, pilots, performers, parachutists, and spectators. For an idea of the type of images available in the collection, please take some time to browse the images in the following gallery.
Search this Blog
ASK A QUESTION
For all inquiries, please use our Research Request Form, and an archivist will respond to you soon. Thanks!
For more information about our collections and services, please visit our main web site at:
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
- Winter Break Closures
- Completed Digitization Project: Katharine Wright Haskell Letters
- November/December Holiday Closures
- SCA Featured in Society of Ohio Archivists’ Archives Month Spotlight
- Join us at Wright Brothers Day on October 5!
- Support Special Collections & Archives on Wright Day to Give (Oct 3)
- New Collections Available for Research, July 2023
- New Digital Collection: Katharine Wright Haskell Letters
- New Exhibit: Spies & Superheroes
- Archives Featured in Oakwood Register