Who has attended the Dayton Air Show? The air show, originally known as the Dayton Air Fair, started in July 1975. Highlights from the first Air Fair included the husband and wife stunt team of Bob and Pat Wagner and Harold Johnson, who would later serve as mayor of Moraine, Ohio. Today the Vectren Dayton Air Show attracts hundreds of thousands of visitors to the Dayton International Airport for the two day event in late June. The Dayton Daily News has documented each air show since its inception and the Dayton Daily News Archive (MS-458) includes images through the 1996 season. The photographs capture the planes, pilots, performers, parachutists, and spectators. For an idea of the type of images available in the collection, please take some time to browse the images in the following gallery.
Search this Blog
ASK A QUESTION
For all inquiries, please use our Research Request Form, and an archivist will respond to you soon. Thanks!
For more information about our collections and services, please visit our main web site at:
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- New Collections Available for Research, September 2022
- New Special Collections & Archives Web Site
- Job Posting: Digital Initiatives and Metadata Librarian
- New Exhibit Honors #Dunbar150
- Grant received to Digitize Local Civil Rights Interview Program Videos
- Juneteenth and Independence Day
- New Collections Available for Research, May 2022
- Summer Hours 2022
- Montgomery Co. Medical Society Alliance Scrapbooks Part 2: Scrapbook Art
- Montgomery Co. Medical Society Alliance Scrapbooks Part 1: Scrapbook Preservation