Special Collections and Archives was honored to have Tony Hall, former Ambassador and Congressman, visit the archives last week to do research in his papers. Accompanying Hall was his former advisor and chief of staff, Rick Carne. Hall donated his papers to Wright State in 2002 and 2006. The Tony Hall Papers document the career of Tony Hall as both a U.S. Congressman, representing the Third District of Ohio, and as the United States Ambassador to the United Nations Agencies for Food and Agriculture. The papers contain voting records, congressional bills, constituent correspondence, personal correspondence, speeches, photographs, scrapbooks, newspaper clippings, memorabilia, and research on a variety of topics. During his visit, archives staff had the opportunity to talk with him about the purpose of his research. Hall commented that he was very glad he donated the papers to WSU for their long term preservation and access. His purpose for coming was to review materials on North Korea to help him respond to the many interviews and requests for presentations he is receiving right now. Hall and Carne traveled to North Korea several times in the 1990s to see firsthand the state of the people in the country. He said the information he gathered from his trips is very relevant to what is happening today. History matters!
Search this Blog
ASK A QUESTION
For all inquiries, please use our Research Request Form, and an archivist will respond to you soon. Thanks!
For more information about our collections and services, please visit our main web site at:
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
- Join us at Wright Brothers Day on October 5!
- Support Special Collections & Archives on Wright Day to Give (Oct 3)
- New Collections Available for Research, July 2023
- New Digital Collection: Katharine Wright Haskell Letters
- New Exhibit: Spies & Superheroes
- Archives Featured in Oakwood Register
- Grant Conserves Rare Books by Paul Laurence Dunbar
- A Visit from the Base Commander, WPAFB
- Summer Hours 2023
- The 1903 Wright Flyer Replica Receives Cleaning!