While you may not associate skiing with the Miami Valley, many local residents take to the outdoors on snowy days to hit the slopes or test the cardio with some cross country skiing. The Dayton Daily News and Journal Herald photographers documented Miami Valley skiers outside enjoying the snow. Did anyone cross country ski on Community Golf Course? Or maybe you traveled to the Sugarcreek Ski Hills in Bellbrook to do some downhill skiing on one of the two slopes. Sugarcreek operated from 1965-1989 and today the former ski lodge is now the Bellbrook Community Center.
Search this Blog
ASK A QUESTION
For all inquiries, please use our Research Request Form, and an archivist will respond to you soon. Thanks!
For more information about our collections and services, please visit our main web site at:
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
- Join us at Wright Brothers Day on October 5!
- Support Special Collections & Archives on Wright Day to Give (Oct 3)
- New Collections Available for Research, July 2023
- New Digital Collection: Katharine Wright Haskell Letters
- New Exhibit: Spies & Superheroes
- Archives Featured in Oakwood Register
- Grant Conserves Rare Books by Paul Laurence Dunbar
- A Visit from the Base Commander, WPAFB
- Summer Hours 2023
- The 1903 Wright Flyer Replica Receives Cleaning!