Search this Blog
ASK A QUESTION
For all inquiries, please use our Research Request Form, and an archivist will respond to you soon. Thanks!
For more information about our collections and services, please visit our main web site at:
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- A Visitor from Le Mans, France
- New Collections Available for Research, January 2023
- Local Civil Rights Program “Like It Is” Now Available to Researchers, Thanks to Grant
- Welcome, Alexis!
- New Collections Available for Research, October 2022
- CLOSED NOV 11 for Veterans’ Day
- 100 Years Ago in Aviation: Harold Harris Parachute Jump
- New Collection: Louis Lott Architecture Negatives
- New Collections Available for Research, September 2022
- New Special Collections & Archives Web Site
Monthly Archives: December 2018
Greetings from Kitty Hawk!
This Monday, December 17, marks the 115th anniversary of the first flight at Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. We are all familiar with the iconic image of the Wright Flyer in flight with Wilbur Wright running alongside at Kill Devil Hills. … Continue reading
Posted in Collections, SC&A, Wright Brothers Tagged first flight, Kitty Hawk, MS-1, Orville Wright, Wilbur Wright Comments Off on Greetings from Kitty Hawk!
Winter Break Closure, December 22, 2018-January 1, 2019
Special Collections & Archives will be closed December 22, 2018-January 1st, 2019, for Wright State University’s winter break. The reading room will re-open Wednesday, January 2, 2019, at 8:30 a.m. The hours for the week of January 2-4 will be 8:30 … Continue reading
Posted in SC&A Tagged closings, holidays, winter break Comments Off on Winter Break Closure, December 22, 2018-January 1, 2019
I Learned it in the Archives: Women’s Rights Activism Runs in Steinem Family
We are currently in the process of reviewing collections for women’s suffrage and women’s rights materials to potentially digitize to help commemorate the upcoming women’s suffrage centennial (2020). Martha McClellan Brown (1838-1916) was active in the temperance and women’s rights … Continue reading
Posted in Collections, Local History Tagged collections, MS-147, women's history, women's suffrage 2 Comments