Search this Blog
ASK A QUESTION
For all inquiries, please use our Research Request Form, and an archivist will respond to you soon. Thanks!
For more information about our collections and services, please visit our main web site at:
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- A Visitor from Le Mans, France
- New Collections Available for Research, January 2023
- Local Civil Rights Program “Like It Is” Now Available to Researchers, Thanks to Grant
- Welcome, Alexis!
- New Collections Available for Research, October 2022
- CLOSED NOV 11 for Veterans’ Day
- 100 Years Ago in Aviation: Harold Harris Parachute Jump
- New Collection: Louis Lott Architecture Negatives
- New Collections Available for Research, September 2022
- New Special Collections & Archives Web Site
Daily Archives: December 9, 2019
Santa travels in style, in a vintage D-25
Santa Claus paid a visit to the Springfield-Beckley Municipal Airport (SGH) yesterday afternoon, delighting a large crowd (including my family) with his arrival in a beautiful red biplane. (We assume the reindeer are resting up for their long-distance endurance flight … Continue reading
Posted in SC&A Tagged aviation, aviation history, D-25, Ivan Gates, MS-646, New Standard Aircraft Comments Off on Santa travels in style, in a vintage D-25
New Collection: Laurence Potter Warner Aviation Scrapbook
The Laurence Potter Warner Aviation Scrapbook (MS-570) contains primarily newspaper clippings concerning the various long-distance flights of the 1920s. The main focus of the scrapbook is the first aerial circumnavigation in 1924. Laurence Potter Warner was the son of early … Continue reading
Posted in Collections Tagged aviation, aviation history, collections, MS-570, new collections Comments Off on New Collection: Laurence Potter Warner Aviation Scrapbook