Search this Blog
ASK A QUESTION
For all inquiries, please use our Research Request Form, and an archivist will respond to you soon. Thanks!
For more information about our collections and services, please visit our main web site at:
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Summer Hours 2023
- The 1903 Wright Flyer Replica Receives Cleaning!
- Grant Supports Conservation of First Edition Paul Laurence Dunbar Books
- New Collections Available for Research, March 2023
- A Visitor from Le Mans, France
- New Collections Available for Research, January 2023
- Local Civil Rights Program “Like It Is” Now Available to Researchers, Thanks to Grant
- Welcome, Alexis!
- New Collections Available for Research, October 2022
- CLOSED NOV 11 for Veterans’ Day
May 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Tag Archives: Charles Taylor
Aviation Maintenance Technician Day
Today is Aviation Maintenance Technician Day, a day of recognition, observed on May 24, that recognizes the efforts of aviation maintenance professionals. The date was chosen in honor of the Wright Brothers’ mechanic Charles Taylor, with whose birthday it coincides. … Continue reading
Posted in Aviation, Collections Tagged aviation, Charles Taylor, MS-1, MS-286 1 Comment
Feb. 12-13, 1903: Wright Brothers tested 1903 motor
On this day 110 years ago — February 12-13, 1903 — Wilbur and Orville Wright, along with their mechanic Charles Taylor, completed and began testing the 1903 motor. The motor’s body and frame cracked during the tests, and it was determined … Continue reading
Posted in Collections, Wright Brothers Tagged Charles Taylor, MS-1, Orville Wright, Wilbur Wright, Wright 1903 Flyer, Wright Brothers Comments Off on Feb. 12-13, 1903: Wright Brothers tested 1903 motor