Search this Blog
ASK A QUESTION
For all inquiries, please use our Research Request Form, and an archivist will respond to you soon. Thanks!
For more information about our collections and services, please visit our main web site at:
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Local Civil Rights Program “Like It Is” Now Available to Researchers, Thanks to Grant
- Welcome, Alexis!
- New Collections Available for Research, October 2022
- CLOSED NOV 11 for Veterans’ Day
- 100 Years Ago in Aviation: Harold Harris Parachute Jump
- New Collection: Louis Lott Architecture Negatives
- New Collections Available for Research, September 2022
- New Special Collections & Archives Web Site
- New Exhibit Honors #Dunbar150
- Grant received to Digitize Local Civil Rights Interview Program Videos
January 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Tag Archives: MS-344
By Kyle Thede, former SC&A intern and recent graduate of the WSU Public History program Seventy years ago this fall, on November 2, 1947, the residents of Long Beach, California who cared to glance out over the harbor were witness … Continue reading
Story by Kyle Thede, SC&A intern and Public History graduate student Lieutenant Fairchild was still humming the familiar refrain of “Nearer, My God, to Thee,” though the constant howl of the wind rushing past his open cockpit drowned out any … Continue reading
By Kyle Thede, SC&A intern and Public History graduate student In the spring of 1942, only months into the United States’ involvement in World War II, the Army Air Forces were taking steps into uncharted territory. While Britain’s Royal Air … Continue reading