Search this Blog
ASK A QUESTION
For all inquiries, please use our Research Request Form, and an archivist will respond to you soon. Thanks!
For more information about our collections and services, please visit our main web site at:
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Summer Hours 2023
- The 1903 Wright Flyer Replica Receives Cleaning!
- Grant Supports Conservation of First Edition Paul Laurence Dunbar Books
- New Collections Available for Research, March 2023
- A Visitor from Le Mans, France
- New Collections Available for Research, January 2023
- Local Civil Rights Program “Like It Is” Now Available to Researchers, Thanks to Grant
- Welcome, Alexis!
- New Collections Available for Research, October 2022
- CLOSED NOV 11 for Veterans’ Day
May 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Tag Archives: naturalizations
The Genealogy of Edward Cullin: Naturalization Records at SC&A
Any Twilight fans out there? This week, while searching for a naturalization record in the Montgomery County Clerk of Court records, I stumbled on an entry for an Edward Cullin, a native of Ireland, becoming a U.S. citizen right here … Continue reading
Posted in Collections, Genealogy, Local History, SC&A Tagged local government records, naturalizations Comments Off on The Genealogy of Edward Cullin: Naturalization Records at SC&A
Online resource: Naturalization Index
Naturalization records pertain to citizenship. They represent an immigrant’s change in allegiance from their country of previous residence to the United States government. For the most part, naturalization records held by Special Collections and Archives consist of Declarations of Intention (sometimes called … Continue reading
Posted in Genealogy Tagged family history, genealogy, local government records, naturalizations Comments Off on Online resource: Naturalization Index