Search this Blog
ASK A QUESTION
For all inquiries, please use our Research Request Form, and an archivist will respond to you soon. Thanks!
For more information about our collections and services, please visit our main web site at:
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
- Winter Break Closures
- Completed Digitization Project: Katharine Wright Haskell Letters
- November/December Holiday Closures
- SCA Featured in Society of Ohio Archivists’ Archives Month Spotlight
- Join us at Wright Brothers Day on October 5!
- Support Special Collections & Archives on Wright Day to Give (Oct 3)
- New Collections Available for Research, July 2023
- New Digital Collection: Katharine Wright Haskell Letters
- New Exhibit: Spies & Superheroes
- Archives Featured in Oakwood Register
December 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Tag Archives: Ohio Volunteer Infantry
As noted in a earlier post, the 61st OVI returned to Chattanooga on May 5, 1864, after a 60-day re-enlistment furlough in Ohio. They then joined the rest of the Union army at Rocky Face Ridge, Georgia, on May 7, … Continue reading
On December 17, 1863, Robert Patterson wrote a letter to his mother while visiting his brother, William, in Chattanooga, Tennessee. This is Robert’s first letter since participating in the battle for Mission Ridge. Robert reports that he has just returned … Continue reading
The 61st OVI arrived at Bridgeport, Alabama, with the XII Corps, on October 1, 1863. On October 27 the regiment began moving toward Chattanooga, Tennessee to assist in opening communications for the city by way of the Tennessee River. On the night of … Continue reading