Search this Blog
ASK A QUESTION
For all inquiries, please use our Research Request Form, and an archivist will respond to you soon. Thanks!
For more information about our collections and services, please visit our main web site at:
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Welcome, Alexis!
- New Collections Available for Research, October 2022
- CLOSED NOV 11 for Veterans’ Day
- 100 Years Ago in Aviation: Harold Harris Parachute Jump
- New Collection: Louis Lott Architecture Negatives
- New Collections Available for Research, September 2022
- New Special Collections & Archives Web Site
- New Exhibit Honors #Dunbar150
- Grant received to Digitize Local Civil Rights Interview Program Videos
- Juneteenth and Independence Day
December 2022 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Tag Archives: Orville Wright
“Saturday, August 19 (1905), At home. It is Orville’s and Katharine’s birthday anniversary. Called at Lorin’s at 4:30, rain.” -Milton Wright diary entry, August 19, 1905. As you can see, August 19 is a very special day for the Wright … Continue reading
At 10:35 a.m. on December 17, 1903, the Wright Brothers achieved the impossible, the first powered flight. On the first attempt, Orville would fly a distance of 120 feet in 12 seconds. The brothers would go on to make 3 … Continue reading
Last week, Orville Wright was seen in the Dunbar Library on campus. We think it was him due to the mustache and hat. He wasn’t as tall as he was in real life, but we are pretty sure it was … Continue reading