Search this Blog
ASK A QUESTION
For all inquiries, please use our Research Request Form, and an archivist will respond to you soon. Thanks!
For more information about our collections and services, please visit our main web site at:
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
- Winter Break Closures
- Completed Digitization Project: Katharine Wright Haskell Letters
- November/December Holiday Closures
- SCA Featured in Society of Ohio Archivists’ Archives Month Spotlight
- Join us at Wright Brothers Day on October 5!
- Support Special Collections & Archives on Wright Day to Give (Oct 3)
- New Collections Available for Research, July 2023
- New Digital Collection: Katharine Wright Haskell Letters
- New Exhibit: Spies & Superheroes
- Archives Featured in Oakwood Register
December 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Tag Archives: railroads
By the early 1960s, Dayton’s passenger rail needs had been reduced so much that such a huge depot as Union Station was no longer required. Additionally, it was decided that automobile traffic in downtown Dayton would benefit greatly if Sixth … Continue reading
Union Station, like railroads in general across the United States, was on a bit of a downward slope through the 1940s and 1950s as Americans traveled less by train. By the late 1950s, it was already becoming apparent that Dayton … Continue reading