Search this Blog
ASK A QUESTION
For all inquiries, please use our Research Request Form, and an archivist will respond to you soon. Thanks!
For more information about our collections and services, please visit our main web site at:
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- A Visit from the Base Commander, WPAFB
- Summer Hours 2023
- The 1903 Wright Flyer Replica Receives Cleaning!
- Grant Supports Conservation of First Edition Paul Laurence Dunbar Books
- New Collections Available for Research, March 2023
- A Visitor from Le Mans, France
- New Collections Available for Research, January 2023
- Local Civil Rights Program “Like It Is” Now Available to Researchers, Thanks to Grant
- Welcome, Alexis!
- New Collections Available for Research, October 2022
June 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Tag Archives: weather
Garlow’s Blizzard of 1978 Photos
Bill Garlow was a photographer with the Dayton Journal-Herald from 1964 until the newspaper merged with the Dayton Daily News, and then continued with the DDN until his retirement, about 2006. Over his more than 40-year career, he captured hundreds … Continue reading
Posted in DDN and Dayton, SC&A Tagged Blizzard of 1978, blizzard of 78, Dayton Daily News, DDN, MS-665, photographs, snow, weather Comments Off on Garlow’s Blizzard of 1978 Photos
The Blizzard of ’78
If you were anywhere in the Miami Valley in 1978, you most likely remember very well what you were (or were not) doing 34 years ago today! On January 26-27, 1978, the region was hit with a major blizzard, one … Continue reading
Posted in Local History Tagged Blizzard of 1978, Miami Valley, Ohio history, snow, weather, winter Comments Off on The Blizzard of ’78