Search this Blog
ASK A QUESTION
For all inquiries, please use our Research Request Form, and an archivist will respond to you soon. Thanks!
For more information about our collections and services, please visit our main web site at:
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- New Collections Available for Research, January 2023
- Local Civil Rights Program “Like It Is” Now Available to Researchers, Thanks to Grant
- Welcome, Alexis!
- New Collections Available for Research, October 2022
- CLOSED NOV 11 for Veterans’ Day
- 100 Years Ago in Aviation: Harold Harris Parachute Jump
- New Collection: Louis Lott Architecture Negatives
- New Collections Available for Research, September 2022
- New Special Collections & Archives Web Site
- New Exhibit Honors #Dunbar150
February 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Tag Archives: Wilbur Wright
This Monday, December 17, marks the 115th anniversary of the first flight at Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. We are all familiar with the iconic image of the Wright Flyer in flight with Wilbur Wright running alongside at Kill Devil Hills. … Continue reading
At 10:35 a.m. on December 17, 1903, the Wright Brothers achieved the impossible, the first powered flight. On the first attempt, Orville would fly a distance of 120 feet in 12 seconds. The brothers would go on to make 3 … Continue reading
150 years ago today Wilbur Wright (1867-1912) was born on a farm near New Castle, Indiana. Take a moment to look skyward and, as you see an airplane pass over, wish Wilbur a happy 150th birthday. Enjoy a few photographs … Continue reading