Baseball is called America’s pastime, and Dayton is not an exception to the rule. The onset of spring brings families to the diamond all across the Miami Valley. Dayton is home to the Dayton Dragons, and before them, the Ducks. The region is also home to many Major league all-stars; including Roger Clemens, Mike Schmidt, Dave Burba, and Harvey Haddix. In addition to our homegrown talent, high school players from around the country have chosen local colleges as a stepping stone to the pros. Baseball , whether playing or watching, is an important tradition in the Dayton-area. Below is a selection of local baseball photos from the DDN collection. Grab a hotdog, root for the home team, and play ball!
Search this Blog
ASK A QUESTION
For all inquiries, please use our Research Request Form, and an archivist will respond to you soon. Thanks!
For more information about our collections and services, please visit our main web site at:
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
- Completed Digitization Project: Katharine Wright Haskell Letters
- November/December Holiday Closures
- SCA Featured in Society of Ohio Archivists’ Archives Month Spotlight
- Join us at Wright Brothers Day on October 5!
- Support Special Collections & Archives on Wright Day to Give (Oct 3)
- New Collections Available for Research, July 2023
- New Digital Collection: Katharine Wright Haskell Letters
- New Exhibit: Spies & Superheroes
- Archives Featured in Oakwood Register
- Grant Conserves Rare Books by Paul Laurence Dunbar