Search this Blog
ASK A QUESTION
For all inquiries, please use our Research Request Form, and an archivist will respond to you soon. Thanks!
For more information about our collections and services, please visit our main web site at:
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- New Collections Available for Research, January 2023
- Local Civil Rights Program “Like It Is” Now Available to Researchers, Thanks to Grant
- Welcome, Alexis!
- New Collections Available for Research, October 2022
- CLOSED NOV 11 for Veterans’ Day
- 100 Years Ago in Aviation: Harold Harris Parachute Jump
- New Collection: Louis Lott Architecture Negatives
- New Collections Available for Research, September 2022
- New Special Collections & Archives Web Site
- New Exhibit Honors #Dunbar150
February 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Tag Archives: aviation
One hundred years ago this month – on October 20, 1922 – Lt. Harold R. Harris, a test pilot at McCook Field in Dayton, became the first person to successfully use a ripcord parachute to save himself during a real … Continue reading
We are pleased to announce the recent processing and digitization of the Wilbur F. H. Bigelow, Sr., Dayton-Wright Company Collection (SC-347). The entire collection can be freely accessed online, anytime, through the Wright State University Campus Online Repository, at CORE … Continue reading
SC-317: Wright Field Photographs is a small selection of reprinted still photographs from the Wright/McCook Field Still Photograph Collection taken by the Air Force Material Division. Most of the photos are 1943 B&G (Building & Grounds) Publicity traffic congestion photographs … Continue reading