Search this Blog
ASK A QUESTION
For all inquiries, please use our Research Request Form, and an archivist will respond to you soon. Thanks!
For more information about our collections and services, please visit our main web site at:
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- A Visitor from Le Mans, France
- New Collections Available for Research, January 2023
- Local Civil Rights Program “Like It Is” Now Available to Researchers, Thanks to Grant
- Welcome, Alexis!
- New Collections Available for Research, October 2022
- CLOSED NOV 11 for Veterans’ Day
- 100 Years Ago in Aviation: Harold Harris Parachute Jump
- New Collection: Louis Lott Architecture Negatives
- New Collections Available for Research, September 2022
- New Special Collections & Archives Web Site
March 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Tag Archives: SC-314
100 Years Ago in Aviation: Harold Harris Parachute Jump
One hundred years ago this month – on October 20, 1922 – Lt. Harold R. Harris, a test pilot at McCook Field in Dayton, became the first person to successfully use a ripcord parachute to save himself during a real … Continue reading
Posted in Aviation, SC&A Tagged aviation, aviation history, Dayton Daily News, Dayton Daily News Archive, MS-214, MS-458, SC-314 Comments Off on 100 Years Ago in Aviation: Harold Harris Parachute Jump
New and Updated Collections Available for Research, July 2017
We have new manuscript collections available for research! Click on the links to view the complete online (PDF) finding aids. The following new collections were recently arranged and described and are now available for research: MS-585: Wright Family to Petree Family Correspondence, … Continue reading
Posted in Collections, SC&A Tagged collections, local government records, MS-146, MS-183, MS-361, MS-432, MS-585, MS-597, new collections, news, SC-305, SC-306, SC-307, SC-308, SC-309, SC-311, SC-314 Comments Off on New and Updated Collections Available for Research, July 2017