Search this Blog
ASK A QUESTION
For all inquiries, please use our Research Request Form, and an archivist will respond to you soon. Thanks!
For more information about our collections and services, please visit our main web site at:
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- A Visitor from Le Mans, France
- New Collections Available for Research, January 2023
- Local Civil Rights Program “Like It Is” Now Available to Researchers, Thanks to Grant
- Welcome, Alexis!
- New Collections Available for Research, October 2022
- CLOSED NOV 11 for Veterans’ Day
- 100 Years Ago in Aviation: Harold Harris Parachute Jump
- New Collection: Louis Lott Architecture Negatives
- New Collections Available for Research, September 2022
- New Special Collections & Archives Web Site
March 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Tag Archives: Wright Brothers
A Visitor from Le Mans, France
We had the pleasure last week of hosting a special visitor from Le Mans, France, to see materials from our world-famous Wright Brothers Collection. Marc Denoueix is a businessman and the former President of the Le Mans Sarthe Wright Centennial … Continue reading
Posted in SC&A Tagged outreach, Wright Brothers Comments Off on A Visitor from Le Mans, France
Celebrating the First Flight: The Early Years
The five year anniversary of the First Flight was a quiet affair for the Wright family. In December 1908, Wilbur was flying in France, while Orville was at home in Dayton recuperating from injuries sustained in September airplane accident at … Continue reading
Posted in SC&A Tagged first flight, MS-1, Wright Brothers, Wright Brothers Day, Wright family Comments Off on Celebrating the First Flight: The Early Years
Happy Birthday and Happy National Aviation Day!
Not only is August 19th the birthday of siblings Orville and Katharine Wright, but it is also National Aviation Day! Orville was born on August 19, 1871, while his sister Katharine arrived on August 19, 1874. National Aviation Day was … Continue reading
Posted in SC&A Tagged aviation history, Huffman Prairie, Katharine Wright, National Aviation Day, Orville Wright, Wright Brothers Comments Off on Happy Birthday and Happy National Aviation Day!