Search this Blog
ASK A QUESTION
For all inquiries, please use our Research Request Form, and an archivist will respond to you soon. Thanks!
For more information about our collections and services, please visit our main web site at:
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Local Civil Rights Program “Like It Is” Now Available to Researchers, Thanks to Grant
- Welcome, Alexis!
- New Collections Available for Research, October 2022
- CLOSED NOV 11 for Veterans’ Day
- 100 Years Ago in Aviation: Harold Harris Parachute Jump
- New Collection: Louis Lott Architecture Negatives
- New Collections Available for Research, September 2022
- New Special Collections & Archives Web Site
- New Exhibit Honors #Dunbar150
- Grant received to Digitize Local Civil Rights Interview Program Videos
January 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Category Archives: Patterson Family
On March 31, 1865, the 61st OVI was consolidated with the 82nd OVI. Robert Patterson transferred to the consolidated unit and was promoted to Captain, Company I of the 82nd OVI. On April 26, 1865, Confederate General Joseph E. Johnston signed the surrender … Continue reading
After General Sherman captured Savannah, General Grant initially ordered him to embark his army on ships and join Grant’s army at Richmond, Virginia. However, Sherman disagreed, and with the capture of Fort Fisher near Wilmington, North Carolina, on January 15, convinced General Grant … Continue reading