Search this Blog
ASK A QUESTION
For all inquiries, please use our Research Request Form, and an archivist will respond to you soon. Thanks!
For more information about our collections and services, please visit our main web site at:
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Summer Hours 2023
- The 1903 Wright Flyer Replica Receives Cleaning!
- Grant Supports Conservation of First Edition Paul Laurence Dunbar Books
- New Collections Available for Research, March 2023
- A Visitor from Le Mans, France
- New Collections Available for Research, January 2023
- Local Civil Rights Program “Like It Is” Now Available to Researchers, Thanks to Grant
- Welcome, Alexis!
- New Collections Available for Research, October 2022
- CLOSED NOV 11 for Veterans’ Day
May 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Tag Archives: MS-284
Season’s Greetings from the Miami Valley
Diaries offer a wonderful way to glimpse an individual’s thoughts and feelings on a specific day in time. Let us take a walk through history with the words and writing of Miami Valley residents, some at home and one away, … Continue reading
Thanksgiving, November 29, 1917
On Thanksgiving Day, November 29, 1917, World War I was raging in Europe. U.S. troops were serving in France or undergoing training here at home in preparation for duty overseas. On Thanksgiving Day, despite the War, soldiers and civilians alike … Continue reading
Posted in Collections, SC&A Tagged MS-100, MS-284, Thanksgiving, WWI, WWI100 Comments Off on Thanksgiving, November 29, 1917
April 2, 1917: the Miami Valley Prepares for War
On the evening of April 2, 1917, one hundred years ago today, President Woodrow Wilson addressed a joint session of Congress to request a declaration of war against Germany. The Senate and House passed the resolution in the following days with Wilson signing … Continue reading
Posted in Collections, Local History, SC&A Tagged MS-135, MS-284, WWI, WWI100 Comments Off on April 2, 1917: the Miami Valley Prepares for War