Search this Blog
ASK A QUESTION
For all inquiries, please use our Research Request Form, and an archivist will respond to you soon. Thanks!
For more information about our collections and services, please visit our main web site at:
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Summer Hours 2023
- The 1903 Wright Flyer Replica Receives Cleaning!
- Grant Supports Conservation of First Edition Paul Laurence Dunbar Books
- New Collections Available for Research, March 2023
- A Visitor from Le Mans, France
- New Collections Available for Research, January 2023
- Local Civil Rights Program “Like It Is” Now Available to Researchers, Thanks to Grant
- Welcome, Alexis!
- New Collections Available for Research, October 2022
- CLOSED NOV 11 for Veterans’ Day
Daily Archives: June 25, 2012
Of Letters and Family
[Special Collections and Archives welcomes Ruth Monnier, a senior history major at the University of Dayton who is working as a summer volunteer here in the Archives. One of her first projects was to finalize the transcriptions on the Civil … Continue reading
Posted in Civil War, Collections, SC&A Tagged Civil War, collections, family history, letters, manuscripts, MS-92, Wallace Family, WM McKinney Comments Off on Of Letters and Family
Where is William Patterson?
After William’s letter on April 10, 1862, reporting the Battle of Shiloh, there are no letters from William in the Patterson Family Collection for the remainder of 1862. In fact, the next surviving letter in the collection is May 6, 1863. However, … Continue reading
Posted in Civil War, Patterson Family, SC&A Tagged 1st Ohio Volunteer Infantry, 1st OVI, Civil War, family history, First Ohio Volunteer Infantry, history, MS-236, Ohio Volunteer Infantry, OVI, Patterson, Patterson brothers, Patterson family, William Patterson Comments Off on Where is William Patterson?