Search this Blog
ASK A QUESTION
For all inquiries, please use our Research Request Form, and an archivist will respond to you soon. Thanks!
For more information about our collections and services, please visit our main web site at:
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
- Join us at Wright Brothers Day on October 5!
- Support Special Collections & Archives on Wright Day to Give (Oct 3)
- New Collections Available for Research, July 2023
- New Digital Collection: Katharine Wright Haskell Letters
- New Exhibit: Spies & Superheroes
- Archives Featured in Oakwood Register
- Grant Conserves Rare Books by Paul Laurence Dunbar
- A Visit from the Base Commander, WPAFB
- Summer Hours 2023
- The 1903 Wright Flyer Replica Receives Cleaning!
October 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Author Archives: john
On September 1, 1864, Atlanta, Georgia was captured by the Union Army. Since that date, the Union Army has remained at Atlanta awaiting word on their next objective. On November 8, 1864, Robert Patterson wrote a letter to his mother reporting … Continue reading
On September 24, 1864, Captain William Patterson was mustered out of the 1st Ohio Volunteer Infantry Regiment. This was almost two weeks earlier than the October 7, 1864, date he originally projected. He served with 1st OVI from April 16, 1861, beginning … Continue reading