Search this Blog
ASK A QUESTION
For all inquiries, please use our Research Request Form, and an archivist will respond to you soon. Thanks!
For more information about our collections and services, please visit our main web site at:
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
- Support Special Collections & Archives on Wright Day to Give (Oct 3)
- New Collections Available for Research, July 2023
- New Digital Collection: Katharine Wright Haskell Letters
- New Exhibit: Spies & Superheroes
- Archives Featured in Oakwood Register
- Grant Conserves Rare Books by Paul Laurence Dunbar
- A Visit from the Base Commander, WPAFB
- Summer Hours 2023
- The 1903 Wright Flyer Replica Receives Cleaning!
- Grant Supports Conservation of First Edition Paul Laurence Dunbar Books
September 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Tag Archives: Battle of Shiloh
After the Battle of Shiloh, Major General Henry W. Halleck, commander of Union forces in the West, was so upset at Grant’s performace and the awful casualties at Shiloh, assumed field command and put Major General George H. Thomas in command of … Continue reading
On April 12, 1862, a friend of Jefferson Patterson, John Jones, wrote Jefferson a letter about his son’s participation in the Battle of Shiloh. The son, 1st Lieutenant Frank Jones, was a member of the 13th Ohio Volunteer Infantry, Company K. The … Continue reading