Search this Blog
ASK A QUESTION
For all inquiries, please use our Research Request Form, and an archivist will respond to you soon. Thanks!
For more information about our collections and services, please visit our main web site at:
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
- Completed Digitization Project: Katharine Wright Haskell Letters
- November/December Holiday Closures
- SCA Featured in Society of Ohio Archivists’ Archives Month Spotlight
- Join us at Wright Brothers Day on October 5!
- Support Special Collections & Archives on Wright Day to Give (Oct 3)
- New Collections Available for Research, July 2023
- New Digital Collection: Katharine Wright Haskell Letters
- New Exhibit: Spies & Superheroes
- Archives Featured in Oakwood Register
- Grant Conserves Rare Books by Paul Laurence Dunbar
December 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Tag Archives: WWI
The “War to End All Wars,” which lasted over 4 years and cost almost 20 million lives, ended on November 11th, 1918, at 11 A.M. (6 A.M. here in Dayton). Headlines in the November 11 Dayton Daily News read “World’s Greatest War … Continue reading
As we near the end of the World War I centennial commemorations, I find myself thinking of Clair Wilbur Welty, who, towards the end of the war, was a 28-year-old pilot-trainer in the U.S. Army Signal Corps at Issoudun, France. … Continue reading