Sometime during September 1861, Robert Patterson joined the Benton Cadets Independent Company of Infantry as a Sergeant/Color Ensign. The Benton Cadets were primarily recruited from Ohio and Kentucky. Company A came from Cincinnati and Companies E and F came from Shelby County, Ohio. Robert was a member of Company C. The Cadets were organized at St. Louis, Missouri during September and October 1861 and became part of Major General John C. Fremont’s Western Department Army being formed at St. Louis.
Search this Blog
ASK A QUESTION
For all inquiries, please use our Research Request Form, and an archivist will respond to you soon. Thanks!
For more information about our collections and services, please visit our main web site at:
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
- Completed Digitization Project: Katharine Wright Haskell Letters
- November/December Holiday Closures
- SCA Featured in Society of Ohio Archivists’ Archives Month Spotlight
- Join us at Wright Brothers Day on October 5!
- Support Special Collections & Archives on Wright Day to Give (Oct 3)
- New Collections Available for Research, July 2023
- New Digital Collection: Katharine Wright Haskell Letters
- New Exhibit: Spies & Superheroes
- Archives Featured in Oakwood Register
- Grant Conserves Rare Books by Paul Laurence Dunbar