Search this Blog
ASK A QUESTION
For all inquiries, please use our Research Request Form, and an archivist will respond to you soon. Thanks!
For more information about our collections and services, please visit our main web site at:
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- New Collections Available for Research, January 2023
- Local Civil Rights Program “Like It Is” Now Available to Researchers, Thanks to Grant
- Welcome, Alexis!
- New Collections Available for Research, October 2022
- CLOSED NOV 11 for Veterans’ Day
- 100 Years Ago in Aviation: Harold Harris Parachute Jump
- New Collection: Louis Lott Architecture Negatives
- New Collections Available for Research, September 2022
- New Special Collections & Archives Web Site
- New Exhibit Honors #Dunbar150
February 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Tag Archives: Patterson
In this August 26, 1864, William Patterson writes his mother that he has “a little rather bad news.” His unit has just received orders from Washington, D.C. that no more officers will be mustered out of service. He notes that half … Continue reading
On August 15, 1864, William Patterson rejoined the 1st OVI at Camp Whiteside, Tennessee — just outside Chattanooga. In this August 20, 1864 letter to his mother, William reports that five companies have been mustered out, a sixth one will … Continue reading