Search this Blog
ASK A QUESTION
For all inquiries, please use our Research Request Form, and an archivist will respond to you soon. Thanks!
For more information about our collections and services, please visit our main web site at:
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- A Visit from the Base Commander, WPAFB
- Summer Hours 2023
- The 1903 Wright Flyer Replica Receives Cleaning!
- Grant Supports Conservation of First Edition Paul Laurence Dunbar Books
- New Collections Available for Research, March 2023
- A Visitor from Le Mans, France
- New Collections Available for Research, January 2023
- Local Civil Rights Program “Like It Is” Now Available to Researchers, Thanks to Grant
- Welcome, Alexis!
- New Collections Available for Research, October 2022
Daily Archives: November 15, 2014
Sherman’s “March to the Sea”
On November 15, 1864, Robert Patterson and the 61st OVI, departed Atlanta on Sherman’s “March to the Sea.” As Robert anticipated (see November 7, 2014 blog post), there was not much opposition to the Union army as they moved toward … Continue reading
Posted in Civil War, Patterson Family, SC&A Tagged 61st Ohio Volunteer Infantry, 61st OVI, Civil War, Patterson, Patterson brothers, Patterson family, Robert Patterson Comments Off on Sherman’s “March to the Sea”